As the carnival season comes to an end and the warmer weather begins to make more frequent visits, it is time to begin planning for Spring Break 2020! However, don’t fret because South Mobile County is ready to give you six reasons why Dauphin Island should be your 2020 Spring Break destination. Check it out:
- Dauphin Island inhabits seventeen miles of white beaches and beautiful water. As if this isn’t enough, did we tell you that our beaches are dog-friendly? With leashes of course. Imagine how “ruff” your week off would be. There is beach access to both the Gulf of Mexico and Mobile Bay nearly everywhere on the Island. If you don’t believe us check it out here.
- Treat your taste buds as Dauphin Island is home to a lot of locally owned restaurants who serve fresh seafood, great drinks and decadent desserts. Dority’s, Miguel’s Beach N’ Baja,and Pirate’s Bar & Grill are a few of our favorites.
- Who said Spring Break couldn’t be both educational and fun? Tour Fort Gaines where the historical Battle of Mobile Bay was fought, and learn what life truly was like in the 19th century.
- Take a break from the sand and waves and visit Aquarium of Alabama, the Estuarium! An exciting public aquarium with a 7,000 gallon touch tank, 31 aquariums with more than 100 species on display and a living marsh boardwalk the Aquarium of Alabama is a must see during your trip to Dauphin Island.
- Of course, you can’t forget the afternoon recreational needs! The Isle Dauphine Country Club has everything from beach access, to private pools, to an 18 hole golf, foot golf and disc golf course, as well as, a tasty bar and restaurant, all on site.
- Lastly, you can finally get that R/R you are looking for! Dauphin island is the most relaxing place to be with only about 1,000 full time residents and the most peaceful sunsets in the entire state of Alabama.
Despite these six amazing reasons to visit Dauphin Island this Spring Break, the island has a lot more to offer. From bike trails to paddle board and kayak rentals by the end of your trip you will have already booked your next trip to come see us.